UK Auto units automated car advertising and marketing tips
Developed and agreed by the Centre for Related and Autonomous Automobiles’ AV-DRiVE Group, the rules present a top level view for accountable promoting and communication regarding automated autos and their capabilities, SMMT mentioned.
The industry-led initiative would guarantee customers obtain constant and clear data relating to automated driving options, forward of their anticipated introduction to British roads in 2022.
The guiding rules state that:
• An automatic driving function should be described sufficiently clearly in order to not mislead, together with setting out the circumstances through which that function can operate.
• An automatic driving function should be described sufficiently clearly in order that it’s distinguished from an assisted driving function.
• The place each automated driving and assisted driving options are described, they should be clearly distinguished from one another.
• An assisted driving function shouldn’t be described in a manner that might convey the impression that it’s an automatic driving function.
• The identify of an automatic or assisted driving function should not mislead by conveying that it’s the different – ancillary phrases could also be essential to keep away from confusion – for instance for an assisted driving function, by making it clear that the motive force should be in management always.
Mike Hawes, SMMT chief government, mentioned: “It’s important that this revolutionary expertise is marketed precisely and responsibly.”