NASCAR interview: Joey Logano
Joey Logano begins his title protection Sunday afternoon at Las Vegas however you’ll by no means understand it by his angle.
Logano is unfazed by his place because the reigning Monster Power NASCAR Cup Collection champion as he says the duty at hand doesn’t change from 12 months to 12 months. Successful the championship remains to be the primary purpose for the No. 22 Workforce Penske crew and Logano doesn’t really feel any totally different chasing a second title than he did attempting to win his first. He says it additionally wouldn’t imply any extra to have two trophies on the mantel in comparison with only one.
“I’m able to go,” Logano says. “I’m simply able to go. We’ve been by way of it earlier than, we’ve been by way of the ups and downs. We all know what to do. So simply able to work our plan and take advantage of out of each race.”
Earlier than Logano climbs into his automotive to maintain off the weekend in Las Vegas he joined the podcast to elucidate his playoff method, amongst these different subjects:
- Why he’s extra assured this 12 months in comparison with going into the ’18 playoffs
- The place Logano will get the idea that being a champion is about what you do and never having a trophy
- Revealing what the perks of being a Cup Collection champion have been this 12 months
- If he agrees with crew chief Todd Gordon that the No. 22 Ford has the velocity however must execute higher
- The place Logano believes he’s in his profession together with his confidence and as a championship contender
- Does he imagine the hole has closed from the Workforce Penske and Joe Gibbs vehicles to the remainder of the sector?
- Wouldn’t making the title race in Homestead be a disappointment?
- Plus, on a private notice, Logano goes public with an autoimmune dysfunction he’s coping with