Allgaier sweeps Richmond Xfinity, Cindric clinches common season title
The distinction in his race was like evening and day however Justin Allgaier proved himself tops once more, successful Saturday afternoon’s Virginia is for Racing Lovers 250 at Richmond (Va.) Raceway answering a hard-fought victory Friday evening, and sweeping the Xfinity Sequence weekend doubleheader.
Allgaier’s No. 7 JR Motorsports Chevrolet dominated the afternoon, main a race finest 135 of the 250 laps and holding off his teammate Jeb Burton by a wholesome 2.185-seconds for his third win of the season. It’s the 14th victory of the 34-year previous Illinois native’s profession and Allgaier’s 770 complete laps led in 2020 is most of any driver this season.
“I knew how good our automotive was all day,” Allgaier mentioned. “I knew on the finish there – I knew we had velocity, I knew once we wanted to go we may; I simply didn’t understand how quick. My teammate Jeb Burton did a implausible job on that final restart. Simply so pleased with these guys.”
The runner-up exhibiting for Burton is a profession finest effort within the sequence. Ross Chastain completed third adopted by Burton’s 19-year previous cousin Harrison Burton in fourth and Chastain’s Kaulig Racing teammate Justin Haley in fifth.
Allgaier’s JR Motorsports teammates Noah Gragson and Michael Annett have been sixth and seventh, adopted by Brandon Jones, Kaz Grala and Austin Cindric, who clinched the Xfinity Sequence common season championship along with his effort. He receives a 15-point bonus for his season-long work when the sequence Playoffs start, Sept. 26 in Las Vegas.
“Want we’d have been capable of do extra with the Penske PPG Ford Mustang in the present day,” mentioned Cindric, whose 5 race wins in 2020 is a single season career-best.
“We sat down as a crew in the beginning of the 12 months and wrote down our high three objectives – I’m not an enormous proponent of setting objectives but when we have been going to place one thing on paper, my primary was successful the common season championship.
“Possibly in the beginning of the 12 months or on the surface wanting in that was a lofty aim however we had a whole lot of velocity and a whole lot of combat and actually pleased with that effort.”
Chastain’s third-place run gave him back-to-back top-five efforts at Richmond, however the Kaulig Racing driver remains to be winless with solely subsequent weekend’s common season finale at Bristol (Tenn.) Motor Speedway remaining to notch a trophy earlier than the seven-race Playoff run.
He actually stored Allgaier trustworthy in each races and was a front-runner all afternoon, his 58 laps out entrance second solely to Allgaier’s effort. They every received a stage – Allgaier the primary and Chastain the second – however neither Chastain nor Jeb Burton have been capable of wrestle the lead from Allgaier throughout an extended inexperienced flag run after the second stage nor on a restart with 13 laps remaining following an incident with Riley Herbst and Brandon Brown.
Brown was capable of proceed and scored a powerful Eleventh-place end – ok to maintain him 49 factors forward of Seventeenth-place end Jeremy Clements in a duel for the twelfth and remaining Xfinity Sequence Playoff place. Brown hopes to carry on to his 49-point benefit over Clements subsequent Friday within the common season finale at Bristol Motor Speedway, the Meals Metropolis 300 at 7:00 p.m. ET on NBCSN, PRN and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio.
NASCAR Xfinity Sequence Race – fortieth Annual Virginia is for Racing Lovers 250
Saturday, September 12, 2020
- (14) Justin Allgaier, Chevrolet, 250.
- (21) Jeb Burton, Chevrolet, 250.
- (11) Ross Chastain, Chevrolet, 250.
- (15) Harrison Burton #, Toyota, 250.
- (8) Noah Gragson, Chevrolet, 250.
- (13) Justin Haley, Chevrolet, 250.
- (9) Michael Annett, Chevrolet, 250.
- (2) Brandon Jones, Toyota, 250.
- (7) Kaz Grala, Chevrolet, 250.
- (12) Austin Cindric, Ford, 250.
- (16) Brandon Brown, Chevrolet, 250.
- (20) Alex Labbe, Chevrolet, 250.
- (3) Matt Mills, Chevrolet, 250.
- (23) Jeffrey Earnhardt, Chevrolet, 250.
- (4) Ryan Sieg, Chevrolet, 249.
- (5) Chase Briscoe, Ford, 249.
- (17) Jeremy Clements, Chevrolet, 249.
- (10) Brett Moffitt(i), Chevrolet, 249.
- (25) Bayley Currey(i), Chevrolet, 249.
- (30) Kyle Weatherman, Chevrolet, 248.
- (28) Mason Massey, Toyota, 248.
- (35) Stephen Leicht, Toyota, 247.
- (18) Joey Gase, Chevrolet, 247.
- (26) BJ McLeod, Chevrolet, 247.
- (19) Josh Williams, Chevrolet, 247.
- (1) Tommy Joe Martins, Chevrolet, 247.
- (22) Joe Graf Jr #, Chevrolet, 247.
- (33) Chad Finchum, Toyota, 246.
- (32) Kody Vanderwal #, Chevrolet, 246.
- (31) Dexter Bean, Chevrolet, 246.
- (27) Myatt Snider #, Chevrolet, 246.
- (34) Vinnie Miller, Chevrolet, 245.
- (24) Jesse Little #, Chevrolet, 244.
- (6) Riley Herbst #, Toyota, Accident, 227.
- (29) Colby Howard, Chevrolet, Accident, 140.
- (36) Timmy Hill(i), Toyota, Gasoline Pump, 56.
Common Velocity of Race Winner: 92.39 mph.
Time of Race: 2 Hrs, 1 Minutes, 46 Secs. Margin of Victory: 2.185 Seconds.
Warning Flags: 5 for 29 laps.
Lead Adjustments: 9 amongst 6 drivers.
Lap Leaders: T. Martins 0;B. Jones 1-16;C. Briscoe 17-29;N. Gragson 30-45;J. Allgaier 46-82;R. Chastain 83-127;J. Allgaier 128-146;R. Chastain 147-159;J. Burton 160-171;J. Allgaier 172-250.
Leaders Abstract (Driver, Occasions Lead, Laps Led): Justin Allgaier 3 instances for 135 laps; Ross Chastain 2 instances for 58 laps; Brandon Jones 1 time for 16 laps; Noah Gragson 1 time for 16 laps; Chase Briscoe 1 time for 13 laps; Jeb Burton 1 time for 12 laps.
Stage #1 Prime Ten: 7,9,11,10,20,1,18,8,39,21
Stage #2 Prime Ten: 10,11,8,98,20,22,18,7,9,21