Allgaier holds off Haley for second Xfinity win of 2020
The veteran Justin Allgaier gave a masterclass in perseverance and quick vehicles Friday evening, profitable the Go Bowling 250 NASCAR Xfinity Sequence race at Richmond Raceway. It was the 34-year previous Allgaier’s first profession win in 19 tries on the three-quarter mile monitor and he completed .604-seconds forward of a hard-charging 21-year previous Justin Haley.
The Xfinity Sequence all-time winningest driver, reigning NASCAR Cup Sequence champion Kyle Busch completed third, 2.5s behind Allgaier. The present Xfinity Sequence championship chief Austin Cindric gained a stage and completed fourth – practically eight-seconds behind the winner.
Solely 9 vehicles completed on the lead lap. Polesitter Ross Chastain was fifth. Brett Moffitt, a NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoor Truck Sequence championship contender, was sixth. Allgaier’s JR Motorsports teammates Michael Annett and Noah Gragson have been seventh and eighth with Kaz Grala and rookie Riley Herbst rounding out the highest 10. Annett’s end has clinched him a spot within the Playoffs on factors.
Getting that second victory of 2020 goes a good distance for Allgaier and his No. 7 JR Motorsports Chevrolet workforce after an early season of heartbreak and inconsistency. So usually he has proven up for a race and had one thing derail his profitable possibilities. He led 156 laps – greater than half the race – at Bristol, Tenn. earlier this season solely to crash out and end 18th. At Texas, he led 98 laps and settled for third.
Lastly, outcomes are matching his efforts. Allgaier bought his first win of the yr at Dover 5 races in the past, main a race finest 120 of 200 laps. His 78 laps out entrance in his win Friday evening at Richmond have been additionally a race finest.
“I really feel like we’ve had so many get away right here, simply haven’t been in a position to seal the deal and it’s been so irritating,” mentioned Allgaier, who has 13 profession Xfinity Sequence wins. “However I’m happy with these guys and happy with the hassle. The pit stops have been superb. All people at JR Motorsports, they constructed a improbable Camaro.”
“I’ve bought to thank the person upstairs,” Allgaier continued, noting, “tonight was positively a push to the top however we simply had the luck we would have liked. I say luck, however luck is alternatives assembly preparation. We have been ready and the alternatives got here tonight.”
Though disenchanted to not win, Haley was inspired after the race hoping he could have confirmed himself a brief monitor ace to these followers who take into account him a speedway grasp solely. He led 51 laps and his cost to the entrance was spectacular by any normal.
His No. 11 Kaulig Racing Chevrolet fell again to twenty fifth place after making not one, however two pit stops throughout the Stage 1 warning interval. In 40 laps nevertheless, he’d rallied all the way in which as much as fifth place. He took the lead on lap 174 and was lastly handed by Allgaier with 28 laps remaining.
“Allgaier was just a bit bit higher,” Haley mentioned, including with a smile, “I’m about uninterested in everybody on social media saying I can’t present up wherever however superspeedways. So I lastly confirmed up someplace the place expertise issues.”
Cindric earned his sequence finest tenth stage victory in Stage 1 with Allgaier main the way in which in Stage 2 in what was a largely “clear” race – solely 5 warning flags (three mandated my NASCAR for a contest warning and the 2 stage breaks) and no main incidents.
The Xfinity Sequence Playoffs start in two weeks and the twelfth and ultimate switch place stays up for grabs between a pair of privateer family-owned groups and drivers Brandon Brown and Jeremy Clements. Brown got here into the race with a 45-point benefit and the 2 ran close to one another a lot of the evening.
Finally, Clements completed seventeenth and Brown was on his heels in 18th. Brown now holds a 43-point benefit as they reset for Saturday’s second Richmond race.
The Staff Penske driver Cindric takes a 67-point championship benefit over Chase Briscoe, who completed eleventh at Richmond.
The sequence completes its Richmond Raceway doubleheader with the Virginia is for Racing Lovers 250 on Saturday (2 p.m. ET on NBCSN, MRN and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio). Solely two races stay to settle the Playoff discipline.
NASCAR Xfinity Sequence Race – Go Bowling 250
Friday, September 11, 2020
(16) Justin Allgaier, Chevrolet, 250.
(10) Justin Haley, Chevrolet, 250.
(29) Kyle Busch(i), Toyota, 250.
(7) Austin Cindric, Ford, 250.
(1) Ross Chastain, Chevrolet, 250.
(20) Brett Moffitt(i), Chevrolet, 250.
(9) Michael Annett, Chevrolet, 250.
(4) Noah Gragson, Chevrolet, 250.
(24) Kaz Grala, Chevrolet, 250.
(8) Riley Herbst #, Toyota, 249.
(5) Chase Briscoe, Ford, 249.
(6) Ryan Sieg, Chevrolet, 249.
(22) Matt Mills, Chevrolet, 249.
(2) Brandon Jones, Toyota, 249.
(21) Tommy Joe Martins, Chevrolet, 249.
(3) Harrison Burton #, Toyota, 249.
(19) Jeremy Clements, Chevrolet, 248.
(13) Brandon Brown, Chevrolet, 248.
(23) Joe Graf Jr #, Chevrolet, 248.
(31) Joey Gase, Chevrolet, 248.
(26) Bayley Currey(i), Chevrolet, 248.
(12) Josh Williams, Chevrolet, 247.
(15) Alex Labbe, Chevrolet, 247.
(17) Jeffrey Earnhardt, Chevrolet, 247.
(14) Jesse Little #, Chevrolet, 247.
(36) Kyle Weatherman, Chevrolet, 247.
(25) Chad Finchum, Toyota, 246.
(30) Mason Massey, Toyota, 246.
(33) Kody Vanderwal #, Chevrolet, 246.
(32) BJ McLeod, Chevrolet, 245.
(34) Vinnie Miller, Toyota, 242.
(27) Dexter Bean, Chevrolet, 241.
(28) Jeb Burton, Chevrolet, 233.
(18) Colby Howard, Chevrolet, 220.
(35) Stephen Leicht, Toyota, Axle, 88.
(11) Myatt Snider #, Chevrolet, Accident, 46.
(37) Timmy Hill(i), Toyota, Vibration, 4.