Allgaier clinches Championship Four spot in Phoenix Xfinity
Justin Allgaier’s timing was impeccable.
After a pit highway dashing penalty and a subsequent spin KO’d the successful probabilities of polesitter Christopher Bell, Allgaier took full benefit, main the ultimate 66 laps of Saturday’s Desert Diamond West Valley 200 to win for the primary time this season and advance to subsequent week’s NASCAR Xfinity Sequence Championship Four occasion at Homestead-Miami Speedway.
Allgaier joins the so-called Huge Three of Bell, Saturday’s runner-up Cole Custer and third-place finisher Tyler Reddick within the title race. Custer clinched his spot after operating third within the second 45-lap stage. Reddick, the defending sequence champion, earned his spot on factors after saving gas over the ultimate 79-lap green-flag run.
Allgaier gained the race carrying a helmet designed by his six-year-old daughter, Harper.
“That is the primary time I’ve gained with Harper’s helmet within the automobile, and it means loads,” Allgaier stated. “To have the pace that we’ve had (this yr) and never have the ability to pull off (a win) has been disappointing. These guys have rallied behind it. We stated once we got here right here that we have to come right here and get a win so we may go to Homestead, and we did that…
“We had a hotrod immediately. I don’t suppose we may have overwhelmed the 20 (Bell), however when he made his mistake, we capitalized on it. That’s what it’s all about…
“No query (not successful) is a weight in your shoulders, man,” Allgaier continued. You’ll be able to’t even start to explain it.”
Custer was closing quick on the end and lower Allgaier’s lead of greater than three seconds to .810 seconds on the checkered flag on Lap 200.
“I used to be giving all of it I had,” Custer stated. “I used to be actually fighting the brake pedal. I type of misplaced it at first of the run. I needed to save the entire run till like 15 laps to go, after which I simply let it occur. I simply got here up a little bit bit quick, however I feel that was the perfect run we’ve had at Phoenix in a very long time.
“I’m wanting ahead to Homestead, and hopefully we will do one spot higher.”
The highest 4 drivers within the Playoff standings getting into Saturday’s race have been the 4 who will compete for the championship at Homestead. Lacking out on factors have been sixth-place finisher Austin Cindric, eighth-place Chase Briscoe, ninth-place Michael Annett and 10th-place Noah Gragson.
John Hunter Nemechek ran fourth behind Reddick adopted by a formidable Zane Smith, who tied his career-best end in his 10th Xfinity Sequence begin.
Bell gained the primary two levels, bringing his whole of stage victories for the season to 22, however was flagged for dashing .03 mph over tolerance below warning on the finish of Stage 2. After restarting from the rear, Bell climbed to eighth earlier than spinning out whereas making an attempt to chop the apron off Flip 2.
“I really feel like I gave up a winner,” stated Bell, whose focus however has been on subsequent weekend’s race at Homestead, the place he turned in a disappointing efficiency within the title occasion final yr.
“That is what it’s all about,” Bell stated. “All of it comes all the way down to this one subsequent week. I’m prepared for it. I really feel actually good about the place we’re at, and our automobile goes to be extraordinarily robust subsequent week.
“We’ve ready a ton for this. Ever since we left Homestead final yr, we knew that this race was the place we wanted to enhance. Just about all yr lengthy, we’ve been targeted on Homestead.”
NASCAR Xfinity Sequence Race – 21st Annual Desert Diamond On line casino West Valley 200
Saturday, November 9, 2019
- (5) Justin Allgaier (P), Chevrolet, 200.
- (2) Cole Custer (P), Ford, 200.
- (4) Tyler Reddick (P), Chevrolet, 200.
- (13) John Hunter Nemechek #, Chevrolet, 200.
- (6) Zane Smith, Chevrolet, 200.
- (7) Austin Cindric (P), Ford, 200.
- (14) Justin Haley #, Chevrolet, 200.
- (3) Chase Briscoe # (P), Ford, 200.
- (9) Michael Annett (P), Chevrolet, 200.
- (12) Noah Gragson # (P), Chevrolet, 200.
- (8) Brandon Jones, Toyota, 199.
- (15) Grey Gaulding, Chevrolet, 199.
- (16) Ryan Sieg, Chevrolet, 199.
- (19) Ray Black II, Chevrolet, 199.
- (23) Josh Williams, Chevrolet, 199.
- (1) Christopher Bell (P), Toyota, 199.
- (27) Tommy Joe Martins, Toyota, 199.
- (10) Jeremy Clements, Chevrolet, 198.
- (21) Matt Mills, Chevrolet, 198.
- (17) Brandon Brown #, Chevrolet, 198.
- (25) Stephen Leicht, Chevrolet, 198.
- (33) Tyler Matthews, Chevrolet, 197.
- (32) Josh Bilicki, Toyota, 197.
- (22) Joey Gase, Toyota, 196.
- (31) David Starr, Chevrolet, 196.
- (29) Ryan Vargas, Chevrolet, 195.
- (35) Garrett Smithley, Chevrolet, 195.
- (38) Bobby Earnhardt, Toyota, 193.
- (37) Mike Harmon, Chevrolet, 193.
- (11) Riley Herbst(i), Toyota, 163.
- (36) Vinnie Miller, Chevrolet, Oil Cooler, 58.
- (34) Chad Finchum, Toyota, Vibration, 58.
- (24) Ronnie Bassett Jr, Chevrolet, Engine, 55.
- (30) Joe Nemechek(i), Chevrolet, Brakes, 55.
- (28) Dexter Bean, Chevrolet, Brakes, 39.
- (26) Bayley Currey(i), Chevrolet, Brakes, 34.
- (20) JJ Yeley, Chevrolet, Brakes, 32.
- (18) Landon Cassill, Chevrolet, Suspension, 27.
Common Velocity of Race Winner: 106.936 mph.
Time of Race: 1 Hrs, 52 Minutes, 13 Secs. Margin of Victory: 0.810 Seconds.
Warning Flags: Four for 23 laps.
Lead Adjustments: 9 amongst 6 drivers.
Lap Leaders: C. Bell (P) 1-48;T. Reddick (P) 49;C. Bell (P) 50-93;T. Reddick (P) 94;C. Custer (P) 95-98;J. Allgaier (P) 99-117;T. Reddick (P) 118;J. Clements 119-120;C. Briscoe # (P) 121-134;J. Allgaier (P) 135-200.
Leaders Abstract (Driver, Instances Lead, Laps Led): Christopher Bell (P) 2 occasions for 92 laps; Justin Allgaier (P) 2 occasions for 85 laps; Chase Briscoe # (P) 1 time for 14 laps; Cole Custer (P) 1 time for Four laps; Tyler Reddick (P) Three occasions for Three laps; Jeremy Clements 1 time for two laps.
Stage #1 High Ten: 20,7,00,2,98,1,19,8,23,22
Stage #2 High Ten: 20,7,00,2,1,98,22,23,9,8