Alibaba founder Jack Ma tops Forbes China Wealthy Listing for second 12 months operating
Philippe Lopez | AFP | Getty Pictures
Ma, who stepped down because the Chinese language tech big’s chairman in September, noticed his fortune rise to $38.2 billion in 2019, from $34.6 billion in 2018.
“China’s financial development could also be easing however the nation’s savvy entrepreneurs proceed to seek out methods to create new companies and fortunes,” mentioned Russell Flannery, editor-in-chief of Forbes China. “Entry to capital markets additionally notably helped.”
The Chinese language financial system has been dealing with some headwinds because the protracted commerce warfare with the U.S. continues to weigh on investor sentiment and outlook. The slowing development of the home financial system shouldn’t be serving to both.
Nonetheless, the whole wealth of the 400 folks on Forbes’ China Wealthy Listing this 12 months rose to $1.29 trillion this 12 months from $1.06 trillion in 2018, in accordance with the journal. That is a rise of greater than 20% in comparison with a 12 months in the past.
There have been 60 newcomers this 12 months — solely these with a minimal web value of $1 billion every may make the listing.
Quantity 2 on this 12 months’s listing was Pony Ma Huateng of Tencent Holdings. The Chinese language enterprise magnate, who’s CEO and co- founding father of the tech conglomerate, noticed his web value attain $36 billion.
China’s third richest man is Hui Ka Yan, chairman of Evergrande Group — one of many largest actual property builders in China. Hui’s web value is $27.7 billion.
The truth is, greater than half of those that made the listing noticed their wealth climb in 2019, and a couple of quarter noticed their fortunes decline, Forbes mentioned.
Listed below are the highest 10 richest in China and their web value, in accordance with Forbes:
1) Jack Ma, founding father of e-commerce big Alibaba; $38.2 billion
2) Ma Huateng, CEO of tech big Tencent; $36 billion
3) Hui Ka Yan, chairman of actual property developer Evergrande chairman $27.7 billion
4) Solar Piaoyang, chairman of pharmaceutical firm Jiangsu Hengrui Drugs; $25.Eight billion
5) Yang Huiyan, co-chairman of actual property developer Nation Backyard co-chairman; $23.9 billion
6) He Xiangjian, founding father of house appliance-maker Midea Group; $23.2 billion
7) Colin Huang, CEO of e-commerce firm Pinduoduo; $21.2 billion
8) William Ding, CEO of on-line and cell video games firm NetEase; $17.2 billion
9) Qin Yinglin (and household), chairman of pig breeding and distribution agency Muyuan Foodstuff; $16.6 billion
10) Zhang Yiming, CEO of tech firm ByteDance; $16.2 billion